Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fabric postcards

Sometime ago, Sylvia suggested that we do a one-on-one postcard swap and soon after I received this beautiful postcard from her.


However, it took a while for me to do my return postcard. A few of my ideas didn't work out and I didn't particularly like this representation of leaf litter, although I love it now. (A friend admired it today and I'm thinking of sending it to her.)


After more playing around, I sandwiched a piece of aqua polycotton between two layers of organza, added aqua and gold yarns plus Angelina fibres and ended up with these. I sent one to Sylvia and one to a friend who was interested in what I could do with the embellisher. The others are yet to find homes.






1 comment:

Maggi said...

Love the postcards. I am not surprised that you changed your mind about the leaf litter, it is lovely. I'm happy to give one of your postcards a home if you want to swap? Maggi