Sunday, June 7, 2009

Non-opposable thumb

I haven't been able to do much in the way of textile arts since having a trapeziectomy (removal of a small bone) on my right wrist about 6 weeks ago. While my wrist was swathed in plaster and heavy bandages, I couldn't do much more than wriggle my fingers.


After 2 weeks, I progressed to a rigid plastic splint, which allowed me much greater use of my fingers.


I'm now wearing a soft splint and feel almost normal but still won't have that whole opposable thumb thing working for another 6 weeks. However, I should be able to resume driving in about 2 weeks and I can do some needle-felting - just nothing very complicated.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

You sure have had a bad time Monica--I hope all end up well for you.

Maggi said...

Glad that things are starting to improve Monica. It must be so frustrating for you.