Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fabric postcards

I took part in the January and February fabric postcard swaps through the fabric postcards group on stitchinfingers. However, I only recently heard that the January card had reached its destination.

The theme for January was China, so I couched gold Madeira thread onto a red silk background in a fan shape.



Here's the lovely postcard I received from Teresa:


The theme for February was Vintage. I did this outline in brown thread on a burnt orange silk background (it looks much darker in this photo). I'm very proud of myself for tackling facial features - something I've tried to avoid in the past - but I'm still struggling with the ideas that the 70s count as vintage. Instead of being between 100 and 20 years ago, I think vintage should be from 100 years ago up to anything I don't remember. :)


The card I received from Faye is definitely and delightfully vintage.


2 comments:

Maggi said...

Lovely postcards Monica. I like the simplicity of yours, very effective. Scary to think that our time is now included in vintage

Robin Mac said...

I too love the simplicity of your cards and I really can't think of the 70s as vintage! thanks for visiting my blog. Cheers